Monday, April 25, 2011

April Fun and Easter Too... Part 1!

I am a little behind in my postings again so thought I better make this a Part 1 and Part 2 blog post. Part 2 will come tomorrow! :) The main reason for my absence is I have been working to put together all of G-man's devotions that he has written over the years into some sort of book form. That has taken a lot of time but is finally done and now we just have to go get some 3-ring binders so we can start handing them out to those who have expressed interest in it. :) I know, I know, that's no excuse for no blogs, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it! :) April has been a pretty fun month in spite of all the rain and hailstorms that we have gotten. We won't talk about those! :/

A few weeks ago, my oldest niece and nephew spent the night with us and we took them on a fun outing to an outdoor park/farmstead place that has some animals to see, some to pet/feed, one to actually ride, an amusement park with slides, snack food places, etc. . The kids had it all and had a ball with it! :) The weather was actually nice and sunny that day, in fact it was a bit on the warm side that day, but the breeze was blowing so it wasn't too bad. Here are some pics from our fun day out.


The sun was in our eyes most of the day so the kids had to squint when I took pics. Plus I don't think they were too thrilled with me taking so many pictures anyways. :) lol.
In the petting zoo part, "J" and his cousins were not thrilled about going in and petting the animals. So "M" went in with G-man at first but after some coaxing we finally convinced "J" to go in there and pet some but as you can probably see from his expression, he still wasn't too sure about it. lol.


Believe it or not, but one of the highlights of the day was playing in the park area where they had slides and things to climb and sand to play in. I told G-man we could have just taken them to McDonald's and let them play and climb or taken them to a closer outdoor park! Lol! :) Oh well. They had a good time.
Like I mentioned earlier, it was kind of warm on the day we went so the kids found a log shelter cabin that the kids could go inside and play in and they had a few places to sit in there so they went in there to rest and cool off a bit. :)

We found a place that was air-conditioned that had a real cow in it plus had a big ceramic cow that you could practicing "milking" it. :) All the kids had fun trying that. :) On the outside of the building there was a cow/bench that was a good place for the kids to sit so I could of course, get another picture, much to all of the kids dismay! Lol! :)
The very last thing we did was let the kids ride on horses. Three of the kids wanted to but my nephew didn't. The pics of "J" and my niece turned out good but the one of "M" was a little too far away so I didn't post it on here. All three seemed to really enjoy it though.... and THAT was the final thing we did on our fun outing... it was fun but we were all exhausted by the time we left.... well the grownups were, not sure about the kids!! LOL! :)

A few days after our fun outing, we went to the boys school for "J"'s Kindergarten Music program. OH. MY. GOODNESS. He was just SO excited about this program and he sang the song and talked about it for WEEKS!! He didn't think the day would ever come and he was so excited to have us there along with his Memaw, PaPaw, Aunt Sheila, Uncle Jeremy, and cousins! Unfortunately the lighting was not real good and so I wasn't able to get very good pics of the program. The program was very cute though!

My brother-in-law took some of "J" in his classroom showing off his desk, the rabbit and hamster in there along with other things as well as showing them to his cousin. "J" and his cousin are VERY competitive with each other so he was very proud to show off HIS classroom, HIS desk, all the things in HIS room! :)lol!

Thanks for sticking with me through all the memories of pictures! For a preview of Easter pics, look on the left-hand side of this blog, I posted a few on there. Come back tomorrow to see more and read all about our fun, Easter weekend!! :=)

No comments: