I can't believe that I am saying this, but my baby boy started Kindergarten last Wednesday. It is so hard to believe that I now have a 2nd grader and a Kindergartener in my house and that they are both now gone all day long!! I guess you could say that I have a Daytime Empty Nest. lol.
Actually, Fixer's start to school began on Monday when he had Kindergarten Transition Day for a couple of hours Monday morning. It's just a way for the Kindergarteners to get used to the school before the other kids start and to get them used to their classroom and teacher. It may have only been for only 2 hours but it seemed longer than that for me! This mom was very anxious to find out how her baby boy did on his very first time at the Elementary school by himself! Of course, if you know me at all, you know I just had to take a few pics of him before he went off to school!
On Wednesday, the actual first day of school, both boys got up before their alarm clocks so we knew they were excited for school to start! I think this is the first year that Deep Thinker has been excited about school starting and so that says a lot about his teacher and how awesome she is. He had her last year for 1st grade and loved her and the principal decided to loop her on to 2nd grade with her students so he has the privilege of having her again this year which we were all very happy to hear!
We didn't know Fixer's teacher as well because she wasn't Deep Thinker's Kindergarten teacher, but Deep Thinker still knew her pretty well and so he was giving Fixer the ins and outs of the teacher and reassuring him that she was nice but that she could be strict if she has too! ;) Here are a few pics that I took on the 1st day of school of my excited 2nd grader and Kindergartener...
Once the kids were on the bus then it was just G-man and me here by ourselves. My mom came and picked us up for lunch and we went to a yummy Mexican restaurant along with my sis and brother-in-law, nephew, and one of my nieces (my other niece had started Kindergarten that day too) to celebrate the first day of school. We had a good time, yummy lunch, and actually the day passed surprisingly fast and before we knew it the boys were home!
It's kind of hard to get anything out of either one of them but they do seem to really enjoy school. I think Fixer is just kind of taking it all in right now since he is in Kindergarten in a HUGE school and all, it is all so new to him that he is just in awe of everything right now. :) He does come home telling me a lot of things, he just has to tell me things in his own time without mommy pumping him full of questions! lol. (and if you know me, you know that is hard for me to do!)
One thing I have gotten out of Deep Thinker is that he is so excited to be on the other side of the gym for PE this year because he is a BIG 2nd grader now and also he gets to use a BIG book in Music class, which he informed me he did NOT get to use in Kindergarten or 1st grade but he gets to now that he is in 2nd grade! Both boys come home and seem to really enjoy school so far, but this is their first full week of school so stay tuned and I will have to let you know at the end of the week if they are still just as enthusiastic about it. :) I think it will be a great year for the both of them!
One quick update on G-Man's health: He was able to return to work last Thursday for which we are Praising the Lord for! He is still having occasional dizziness but is doing much better than he was! Thank you all for your prayers! He has a neurologist appointment tomorrow so if you could be in prayer with us that, that goes well then we would so appreciate it. Until next time... talk to you all soon!!
No comments:
Post a Comment