Monday, September 20, 2010

September Fun


I am very happy to say that September is here... a month of fun and celebrations!! YAYYY!!! :) After G-man's seizure and health problems in the month of August, I was definitely ready for September to arrive and it finally has!! G-man's health is doing MUCH better and he is feeling so well in fact that he decided to join choir again at our church. He loves to sing and said that as soon as he stepped into the choir room, he knew that is where he was supposed to be. :) It has been so good to see him finally healthy and feeling very happy again! :) He just rejoined choir a couple weeks ago and already, he has made an impression with the choir members. Confused? Lol. Let me explain.

Every Wednesday night they choose a "Choir Member of the Week" and this past Wednesday night, they chose G-man. What being "Choir Member of the Week" means that if you are chosen then you have to come up front in front of the other choir members and they put a silly hat on you and then ask you a few questions about yourself, your family, etc. It is just a way for all the choir members to get to know one another. Here is my honey as "Choir Member Of The Week" Doesn't he look cute?! I'm so proud! :)


Okay enough about that, now on to the best reason why I am glad that September is here... the month of birthday celebrations!!! :) In our family we know how to celebrate and we don't just celebrate one day, we take a couple weeks or if you are my mom, you take a month of celebrations! lol! My sister's birthday was first, and so we watched her kiddos on Friday night, the 10th, so that my sis and brother-in-law could go out on a date to celebrate. All of the kids were actually in pretty good moods and getting along really well so I decided to take this opportunity to take a few pictures...

My youngest niece, whom we affectionately call "Baby Girl" was in a great mood when I took that picture by herself but then when I took the other pictures, she lost interest really fast and wasn't handing out smiles... at least she wasn't crying though! She just wanted to chew on her toes! :)

My older niece and my nephew stayed the night with us that night but Baby Girl is still a little too young for overnights so after my sis and brother-in-law got done eating dinner then they came back to pick her up. The next day (Saturday) my brother-in-law arranged for sitters to watch our two boys as well as my older niece and nephew and then he made reservations at a nice Chinese restaurant for us, my parents, my sis and brother-in-law, and Baby Girl was able to be with the adults. :) After dinner (which was very yummy), we went back to my sister's and had an ice cream cake. It was a fun evening filled with yummy food and great time with family!

This week is my birthday and my honey surprised me yesterday by having a bouquet of flowers and an iced sugar cookie delivered to me here at home. I love carnations which is why he chose that particular kind of flower to have sent to me. I am saving that cookie for my birthday, so it is in the refrigerator so it stays fresh. I'm not sure if I will be able to keep it that long though because my boys have sure been looking at it very longingly! :)

This morning I went to my Tuesday morning Ladies Bible Study and the ladies had all signed a card and they sang Happy Birthday to me. Sorry, I didn't think to take a picture of the card to post, but let's just say, I left the Bible Study feeling very loved!! I can't wait for the rest of my fun week... I told you the celebrations continue!! Stay tuned til next time to find out how the rest of my week celebrations went!! :) Until next time... bye friends!! :)

1 comment:

Eunice Willis said...

Love the pictures and the flowers are beautiful Valerie. Happy, Happy Birthday.....#35, I might add!!!! But, who would of guessed anyways???? LOL