Friday, December 17, 2010

CHRISTmas in Full Swing

Hello again family and friends!! Well the Christmas season is definitely in full swing with only a week to go before Christmas, things are BUSY! This year has been a little different since G-man hasn't been able to drive. My parents and my sister and brother-in-law have been kind and gracious enough to drive us to where we need to go, including taking us to Wal-Mart a couple of weeks ago, a big sacrfice considering my parents are definitely NOT fond of going there! LOL! We were able to get quite a bit of shopping done including getting the boys much-needed Winter coats. (It has turned BITTERLY cold here!). An unexpected and pleasant surprise for the boys was the fact that Santa was there and they were able to see him and get their picture taken with him. I was glad to get this picture because this will more than likely be the last year that they have their picture taken with Santa without knowing who Santa really is. Matthew has been asking us a lot of questions lately and kids at school have told him who Santa really is but he doesn't believe them but G-man and I have talked it over and decided that after Christmas we are going to sit both boys down and tell them the truth. My boys are growing up. (sniff, sniff). Anyway, I was glad to have that picture of them this year.

Last Sunday morning, our Kidz Choir took part in our Worship time and led us in some Worship songs as well as singing a couple of Christmas songs. They did a great job! Unfortunately it was too dark in there so I wasn't able to get any good pics to post on here. The boys had another unexpected surprise, Santa showed up at our church at the end of service and they were able to see him and get their picture taken again. They weren't cooperating with looking at the camera though so I won't post those either. Besides, you've seen one Santa and you've seen'em all! LOL! :) I was able to get a couple of good pics after church of the boys with their cousins.
Sunday evening we went to my nephew's school for his Preschool Christmas program. I didn't even try to attempt any pics there but he was so cute (er... I mean handsome! :=)) and all of the kids did such a good job and looked so adorable!

When we came home from my nephew's preschool, I took some pics of my boys because I realized they were all dressed up so handsome in their Christmas outfits and I had forgotten to take any pics. Thankfully they cooperated and I was able to get a few good ones. :)



Monday began our yearly countdown chain to 12 days til Christmas. I started making a countdown chain for the kids a few years ago and they love to pull off a chain and see what fun thing they can do that night! I had to be more creative this year and think of more fun things to do at home since G-man can't drive right now, but nevertheless, the kids love it and have been having so much fun!

On Wednesday I was able to go out shopping with my mom and my sister and that was a lot of fun. I was finally able to get all of my Christmas shopping done! Whew! Now to wrap it all... :0

Yesterday I had the priviledge of going up to my boys' school with them for breakfast to have "Pastries With Parents". It was a lot of fun. Although I have to say I left there a little nervous about my six-year-old. Fixer seemed to be quite popular, especially with the girls, which makes me a little nervous for when he becomes a teenager. Prayers Appreciated! ;)

There was one particular little girl that I couldn't help take a picture of him with her. They had a Book Shop thing there at the breakfast where the kids could buy books for 50 cents each. I let the boys buy 2 books each, and after Fixer got done buying his books, he came back to our table and was looking at them when one little girl from his class came over and started looking at the book with him. Somehow I think she likes him a little more than he likes her because he didn't seem to be paying much attention to her but she sure was sitting awfully close to him and wanting to look at the same book as him! ;) Still they do look awfully cute! What do you think? :) Once we left the cafeteria we went to the boys' classroom. I walked them to their classroom and helped them because they had both brought their gift exchange for their class parties and they were kind of big so I helped them carry them. When we got to Deep Thinker's classroom, there was no one else in the room so he actually let me take a picture of him with his teacher. He had the same teacher last year when he was in 1st grade and last year when we tried to take the picture, he was frowning in it and not happy at all. His teacher moved on up to 2nd grade with the students this year and so this year I talked to him about it ahead of time and asked him if I could please take his picture if no one else was in the room. He agreed! :) So that has been what has been going on around here in a nutshell. Busy, busy, busy! I am doing my best though, to stop and remember the reason for the season. Jesus Christ IS the reason for the season and I hope we don't ever forget that! :)

No comments: