Well I am FINALLY back!! As I was preparing to do a blog, I always like to go back and see when the last time that I blogged and I realized that this is my very first blog for 2011... so Happy New Year!! :) lol. It has been a crazy, busy month... starting off with my mom having a full hysterectomy on January 6th. We are praising God that everything went great and she only had to spend one night in the hospital and continues to recover wonderfully at home! Thank you for all your prayers!! I know mom felt everyone's thoughts and prayers with her before, during, and after surgery! :)
I had planned on posting a blog sooner to let everyone know how mom's surgery went since I had asked everyone to pray, but then lo and behold, the week after mom's surgery came our first big snowstorm of the season! Due to this big snowstorm, my kids were off 3 days from school and so last week they only had one day of school because they were already scheduled to have Friday off. My kids weren't too disappointed about that though! LOL! :) Not sure how much snow we got in that snowstorm, but that was only the beginning of SNOW, SNOW, and MORE SNOW!! My kids and I had some fun days last week... playing games, watching movies, and spending all day in our pj's! It was fun! I know a lot of people have posted pics of the snow and of their kids sledding and playing in it... well I have to confess, I didn't take any pictures of the snow. I know, shame on me, but I figured we've all seen snow before, why do I want to take pics of it?! ;) Also, my kids didn't play out in the snow because that isn't something they enjoy doing. In fact, they have been waiting and asking when Spring is going to come so they can go outside and ride their bikes, go to the park, etc. I am an indoor person too and in fact, I become a hermit during the winter and don't want to leave my house not even to go out to eat (and those that know me know how much I like to eat out!, so I definitely did not push them to go outside and play. I was perfectly content to stay inside playing games and watching movies all day. :)
So after only going to school one day, then my kids had a 4-day weekend (Friday for a teachers meeting and Monday for Martin Luther King Day) and they were due to return to school on Tuesday this week. WRONG... an Ice Storm took care of that and again, they had another day off school on Tuesday... more games to play and videos to watch!! :) They did return to school on Wednesday this week only to be hit with Snow Storm #2 which actually arrived Wednesday afternoon and lasted thru yesterday. So here we go again... another Snow Day yesterday... more games to play and videos to watch. ;)I really did thoroughly enjoy having them home, but I started to notice that they were a bit more hyper yesterday so I figured it was probably time for them to go back to school. They are back to school today but I heard they are expecting another big snowfall this weekend so who knows how many days they will go next week?!! I just know we are all ready for Spring around here!! Enough with the snow!!
I did receive some pretty good news today that I wanted to share with you all instead of ending it with talking about the snow. lol.I got a call from Deep Thinker's Speech teacher and she said that Deep Thinker is doing so well in Speech that he no longer needs Speech class and will be released from it! Yayyy, after 3 years of having Speech, Deep Thinker has met the goals in the class and is done with it! :)
One more thing... just a little over 2 weeks and G-man can start driving again!!! Can I get an PRAISE THE LORD?!! :) Until next time family and friends.... stay warm!!
No comments:
Post a Comment