
Happy Valentine's Day Everyone! Okay, so I am a few days late, but hey, better late than never, right?! :) Before I tell you about our Valentine's Day, I must first tell you about the last snowstorm that we had here which turned out to be the "Blizzard of 2011!" It was a biggie! G-man was even home one day because his workplace closed down due to how bad it was! I again didn't take any pics of the snow outside, but since dad was going to be home with us and since the kids had, had so many snow days, I decided to make it a fun day and I declared it "inside/out" day where we all wore our clothes inside/out. It was fun and to make it more fun, I took some pics of us all acting silly on this blizzardy day! Here are some for your viewing pleasure (or laughter)! :)




Add in a movie and a fun game of twister and I guess you could say we had a scary good time on Blizzard, 2011!

Now we are all praying that, that will be the LAST snow for the rest of the winter season!! Bring on Spring now, please! :)
Now about Valentine's Day, I must tell you that we actually received the best Valentine's gift a few days BEFORE Valentine's Day. On February 8th, we were definitely doing some celebrating around here when G-man reached 6 months of being seizure-free and he was again able to start driving!! WOO-HOO!! Can I get an "AMEN"?! We celebrated here at home by me fixing G-man's favorite Mexican dish. Our first outing as a family with just the four of us was the next night, when we all got in our van and drove to church. It felt wonderful! :)
G-man and I went out on our Valentine's Date on Saturday, the 12th, to avoid the Valentine's Day rush and busyness at the restaurants. We had a great time! We went to Olive Garden to eat and then shopping. Yes, I said shopping. Hey, anyplace without the kids is a date! lol. Here's a picture that Fixer took of us on that night after we got home from our date.

On Valentine's Day, I had a surprise delivery made to me... a dozen red, white, and pink carnations with baby's breath and a ribbon around the vase (pictured at the top of this blog)!! :) Carnations are my favorite type of flower and my honey knows that so he surprised me by having these beautiful flowers sent to me. :) That evening was filled with excitement as the kids were just bursting with excitement to tell us about their Valentine's parties at school. Sounds like they had blast! I knew that they would get plenty of candy from school and also from Memaw and PaPaw (of course!) so we didn't get them candy this year. We went with just getting them one thing each that they like. For Deep Thinker, he is really into reading the Magic Treehouse series and so we got him a book from that series that we knew he didn't have. We chose to get him one with the word "Blizzard" in the title since we had just had blizzard, 2011. :) For Fixer, he has been asking for a CD holder to hold all of his CD's in and so we bought him a CD holder that he can carry around with him. They were both happy. I didn't think to take pics of them until bedtime and then I didn't think to put their gifts from us in the pic so you'll just have to take my word for it. :)


Of course we had to have one taken of my honey and I with our matching shirts...

In case you are wondering, his shirt says "I Love My Wife" and my shirt says "I Love My Husband". Hope all of you had a very Happy Valentine's Day as well! Talk to you soon!
1 comment:
The flowers are really pretty and loved the pics....and loved the shirts you all are wearing, too! And I will say AMEN for G-Man, back to driving again....I know it felt wonderful!!! :)
Post a Comment