Monday, May 23, 2011

"M" Turns 9 Years Old!!!

It is so hard for me to believe that my oldest baby, who isn't such a baby anymore, is 9 years old!! :) I used to have relatives that I didn't see very often, one in particular that comes to mind, that used to say "It just doesn't seem possible!" every time I saw her, she would say that and now as a mom and an adult, I totally understand that statement. It is so hard to believe that it's been 9 years since God gave me my first little miracle baby!! :)

Well if you know our family at all, then you know that we believe in celebrating for more than one day! LOL! We actually started his birthday celebration a week early. I made a countdown chain and every day on the chain was something fun for us to do together as a family. I started the chain this year actually 8 days before his birthday and the very first thing on the chain was to go to his favorite Amusement Park here that has a lot of rides and he just loves it!! :) I took several pics but since I have a lot of pics to post in this post, then I will only post a few from that fun day at that Amusement Park...



The weather here has been crazy going from cool and rainy to warm and back to rainy again and so the day that we went, it was cloudy and cool most of the day which is why you see us wearing jackets and the boys wearing stocking caps. We were determined to go despite the cool temps and we ended up having a great time anyways! "J" was a little too short to ride some of the rides so on some of them, G-man had to ride with him. Being a daddy's boy, he didn't mind though! lol! I did take one picture of "J" by himself riding a ride and I posted that on the left side of this site. :)

We all rode on a taxi ride with "M" driving us, and we had one of the workers take a picture of all 4 of us in the taxi and I posted that picture on the left-side of this site. I looked a little out of place there since G-man and the boys had on red/orange bright colors and I had on a black jacket. lol! The last picture, the one of "M" and me was taken at the end of the day right before we headed home. It was a great day and a lot of fun despite being a little chilly!

On Friday, I went up to school and took McDonald's up and had lunch with "M" for an early birthday lunch. He doesn't like having his picture taken, but I managed to convince him to have this picture taken with me before he ate his birthday cupcake. :)

On Saturday we had his birthday party at a Community Center here that has an indoor pool. May is such a busy month for most people with graduations and end of school year stuff, so a lot of his friends were not able to show up. He still had a great time though! He had one friend from school and one friend from church who came along with his Memaw and PaPaw, Aunt Sheila and Uncle Jeremy and cousins, his Grandpa Bill and Grandma Pam, and my cousins Juanita and Ed who came to help him celebrate so he had a great time! Here are just a few pics from that fun day... again there are only a few of them...



The last picture was a picture of him and a friend of his from church. The lighting was not very good inside this place sorry that it turned out dark. After his party, we went out to eat dinner with my parents and my sister, brother-in-law, and all of the kids. Then G-man and I and our boys and my sister and brother-in-law and their kids went to M" and "J"'s school to play on their playground. It was too hard to get pics there because the kids kind of went different directions, but I couldn't resist taking this one of "M" resting. I think all that swimming from his party was exhausting for him and he was just taking it easy! lol! Take a look... :)

On Sunday, his actual birthday, I put a candle on top of the donut that he had that morning and lit it and had him make a wish and blow it out. We weren't able to do that at the party, so I waited and did it Sunday morning. That's the picture I have of him at the beginning of this blog. :) After church, G-man and I and the boys along with my parents and my sister and brother-in-law and their kids went to McDonald's to eat. (M's choice). After eating, we gave "M" one final gift and it was a biggie... all of us (G-man and I, my parents, and my sis and brother-in-law) had all gone in together to get "M" one big gift that he has been asking for, for a long time! We got him... ...A Wii!! He was so unbelievably excited!! So guess what we did after we got home?!! Yep, G-man put it together for him and got it set up and both boys each played a game. Then we left and did some shopping so "M" could spend some of his birthday money and he ended up getting two more games for it. :) That definitely was the highlight of his birthday and without a doubt, his most favorite gift!! :) Happy 9th Birthday, My Big Miracle Firstborn Son! We love you!! :)

Now on to this week, G-man and I celebrate our 15th Wedding Anniversary!! Whew, May is a BUSY month!! Have a blessed week everyone!!

No comments: