Sunday, May 15, 2011

Mother's Day, 2011

Hello again, family and friends! I know I am a week late, but I hope all of you mothers out there had a very Happy Mother's Day last weekend. I know I did. All of my guys treated me very well. Earlier in the week, "J" and G-man were out shopping and he saw some pink roses that he insisted his daddy get for me and then right before Mother's Day, "M" and G-man were out shopping and he saw some carnations and knows that carnations are my FAVORITE flower so he talked his daddy into getting me a few carnations. :) All of the flowers were beautiful and made me feel very loved.

Even more than flowers, however, I love hand-made gifts that my boys make for me at school. They both brought home hand-made gifts on the Friday before Mother's Day which just brought a huge smile to my face and just warmed my heart. "M" had made a Mother's Day Magazine that had my name on it (or the way he spells it anyways, lol) and said that I was Mother-Of-The Year and on the inside were pages filled with my favorites like: food, place to shop, place to eat, color, etc. He was pretty acurate on most of it, but I had to laugh to myself when he said my favorite food was "carrots". Carrots, really?!... Ummm, I don't think so! lol! I do like carrots but they definitely don't make my top ten list or anything! I am on a new weight loss lifestyle so I guess that's good that he sees me eating more healthy things now! :=) "J" had made a lion picture that had his picture in the center of the lion's head and had his hands painted as the body of the lion and it said: "No lion about it, you are one GRRRREAT mom! It was so cute! Love both gifts! :)
In addition to the wonderful flowers and the hand-made gifts, they also bought me a few things and gave them to me on Sunday morning (I told you they treated me well!) :) The big, huge calculator seems to be the thing that everyone finds the most funny. lol! "J" wanted to get that for me and he knows that pink is my favorite color. :) Hey, at least I won't have any trouble seeing the numbers! lol!

We went to church and I was able to celebrate with my mom who came to my church and then we (G-man, the boys, and I) went out to lunch with my mom and dad and sister, brother-in-law, nieces and nephew. Where did we go?! Mexican, of course! :) It was yummy and it was an all around great day! Of course, we couldn't leave the restaurant without taking some group pictures and family pictures of all of us. We were all dressed so nice and had to capture the moment. :)





I hope this blog finds you all doing well! The next time I write, I will be blogging about my firstborn miracle son, who will be 9 years old a week from today. Here's a little preview picture to lead us into the next blog...

No comments: