Monday, September 26, 2011

Birthdays Galore!!!

Whew, I love September for birthdays, but let me tell you, it is not an easy month when you are on a healthy eating lifestyle!! Lol! Now, if you are in my First Place Weight Loss Class and happen to be reading this and saw the picture up above, please don't panic... I did NOT eat both cakes all by myself! I just had one little piece off ONE of the cakes. We just had to order two because we had around 12 or 13 people over here to celebrate and I was afraid that one cake wouldn't be enough to feed everyone. I didn't eat off both of them though... thought I should clarify that! :=)I mentioned in one of my previous posts that the week before last was my sister's birthday, well this last week was my birthday so I decided to title this post "Birthdays Galore" because our family doesn't celebrate in a small way, we KNOW how to celebrate birthdays! Lol!

We went out to dinner (of my choosing) on Friday night with my parents, my sister and her kids, and my cousins as well as G-man, the boys, and I and then we came back to our house to have Cookie Cake and I opened my cards and then we played a fun game of Boxers or Briefs. If you have never played it, then I highly recommend it, but let me just warn you that it is definitely NOT a kid-game, adults only! ;) It is pretty funny, but definitely some things the kids probably shouldn't hear! Lol. We had a great time of laughter, but we missed my brother-in-law who was supposed to get home from his business trip on Friday afternoon but ended up being delayed and not making it in til Friday night late so he wasn't able to be with us.

G-man came up with a good idea to put "Happy Birthday, Mom" on one of the cakes so I couldn't resist having my picture taken with my two handsome boys...

On Saturday (my actual birthday) we went to my nephew's soccer game that morning and then went to my favorite restaurant for lunch. We had the waitress take our picture before we ordered our food and then "M" and I played a game of tic-tac-toe on his kids menu while we waited for our food. "J" was doing his own thing of just coloring on his menu. :)


After a VERY yummy lunch, we went shopping so I could spend my birthday money. I was on a hunt for some new dresses, because I have had to get rid of a lot of my dresses since they are now too big for me. (Not that I am complaining about that!) :) We went to about 4 stores and I didn't have any luck finding dresses, but I did find a couple skorts, a pair of jeans, a blouse and a skirt so my shopping trip was still pretty successful. After going to about 4 stores, I knew that my family had, had enough so we came home for a little while so we could relax before our evening plans. :) That evening we went to a Southern Gospel concert. It was awesome and the PERFECT way to end my birthday! All in all it was a great birthday with beautiful weather and everything! :) Just as a side note, I finally did find me a dress yesterday after church when we went and did a little more shopping. :) Thanks for stopping by to read about my birthday celebrations!! I am truly blessed!!! :)

No comments: